Talk Money Week
We’re proud to be supporting Talk Money Week 2018. Running from 12th – 18th November 2018, we’re offering free 30-minute ‘Talk Money’ sessions to everyone. Your chance to speak to a Chartered Financial Planner about any money-related questions you have. Book your free phone call or ‘virtual online’ session today.
About Talk Money Week
Talk Money Week is the annual celebration of the work thousands of organisations are doing to improve money management across the UK. Throughout the week organisations will encourage their customers to talk money, showcase their services and lead the charge to make their work more effective, by turning evidence of what works into action at scale. It is organised as part of the Financial Capability Strategy for the UK and aims to get more people talking about money.
Why is Financial Capability Important?
Unfortunately, levels of financial capability across the UK remain stubbornly low, and millions of people lack the financial resilience to deal with unexpected financial shocks. FinCap Week provides an important opportunity to discuss life events and how collectively, we can support people at risk from uncontrolled levels of debt or suffering from other financial difficulties.
There are some truly shocking statistics when it comes to financial capability in the UK:
- 12 million people aren’t saving enough for their retirement.
- 27 million people don’t have a sufficient savings buffer to allow them to cope with a significant income shock.
- Only half of people with families have any life cover.
- Around four in ten adults do not feel in control of their finances.
- 21 million people don’t have a modest £500 savings buffer to replace a fridge or mend the car.
- 19 million people don’t have an approach to budgeting that they feel works.
- Just four in ten children say they’ve learned about money management at school.
- Around 8 million people have problems with debt – of those, just one in six is seeking help.
- Four in ten adults have less than £500 savings to cover an unexpected bill.
- Just 43% of 12-17 year olds say they are confident managing their money.
Your Free 30-minute ‘Talk Money’ Session
We’re offering free ‘Talk Money’ sessions with a Chartered Financial Planner. These are provided via the phone or as a ‘virtual online’ meeting using a webcam. These sessions are your opportunity to find out anything you ever wanted to know about money and ask any questions you have, for example:
- How does investing work?
- What is a pension and what are the benefits?
- What’s the difference between saving and investing?
- What are the risks if I invest my money?
- Why is it so important to manage my debts?
- How do I create and stick to a household budget?
- How can I plan for my retirement?
- Is there any way of making my money work better for me?
- If something happened to me or my partner, what would happen to us financially?
- How can we make sure that our money goes to the people we want it to after I die?
- If my partner or I need to pay for care in the future, what impact would that have on our wealth?
- …or anything else you want to know about money – there really is no such thing as a silly question!
Your free ‘Talk Money’ session will give you many of the answers you seek, enabling you to go away happy in the knowledge that what you’re doing is the right thing for you.
Alternatively, based on the answers you get, you may feel that you need further help in some areas. In this case, we can help you identify this and explain the next steps.
The aim of these sessions is to make you feel more confident and secure about your finances and your future by answering your money questions. They are not designed to provide you with regulated financial advice.
Book Your Free ‘Talk Money’ Session
To book your free 30-minute ‘Talk Money’ session, please call us on 0800 6906 247, email firstname.lastname@example.org or use the online booking form below. Simply select a date during Financial Capability Week (12th – 18th November 2018) and follow the steps to book in 60 seconds flat.