Talk Money Week
We’re proud to be supporting Talk Money Week 2021. Running from 8th – 12th November 2021, we’re offering free 30-minute ‘Talk Money’ sessions to everyone. Your chance to speak to a Chartered Financial Planner about any money-related questions you have. Book your free phone call or ‘virtual online’ session today.
What is Talk Money Week?
Talk Money Week is taking place from 8th – 12th November 2021 and is the annual event all about getting the public talking about money. The week is overseen by the Money and Pension Service – a national body bringing together the Money Advice Service, the Pensions Advisory Service and Pension Wise into one single organisation.
Talk Money Week shines a light on the fantastic work thousands of organisations are doing to improve people’s financial wellbeing.
Throughout the week, organisations will be engaging with their customers, showcasing their services, and leading the charge to improve financial wellbeing in the UK.
The aim of Talk Money Week is to empower the public to break the stigma around money. The week provides a platform to have a conversation about money – from pocket money to pensions – between families and friends, at work or at school or any other walk of life. The goal is to turn talking about money from one of the UK’s least favourite topics into something commonplace.
Why Talk Money Week?
Talking openly about money is vitally important for our health, wealth and relationships. Too many people across the UK are struggling with their finances facing challenges managing their money day to day, in planning and preparing for life events, and for the longer term including retirement. These are complex problems which can lead to widespread impacts on individual health and wellbeing, as well as wider communities and the UK economy.
Money also remains a taboo topic in society with too many still struggling to have open conversations about finances over half of UK adults prefer not to talk to their friends and family about financial issues so as not to worry them.
There are some truly shocking statistics when it comes to money and finances the UK:
- Only 38% of 7-17 year olds say they learned about how to manage money at school.
- 11.5m adults have less than £100 in savings and investments.
- 9m adults often use a credit card, overdraft or borrow money to buy food or pay bills because they have run short of money.
- 22m working age adults do not feel that they understand enough about pensions to make decisions about saving for retirement.
- 5m older people in retirement are not satisfied with their overall financial circumstances.
Your Free 30-minute ‘Talk Money’ Session
We’re offering free ‘Talk Money’ sessions with a Chartered Financial Planner. These are provided via the phone or as a ‘virtual online’ meeting using a webcam. These sessions are your opportunity to find out anything you ever wanted to know about money and pensions and ask any questions you have, for example:
- How does investing work?
- What is a pension and what are the benefits?
- What’s the difference between saving and investing?
- What are the risks if I invest my money?
- Why is it so important to manage my debts?
- How do I create and stick to a household budget?
- How can I plan for my retirement?
- Is there any way of making my money work better for me?
- If something happened to me or my partner, what would happen to us financially?
- How can we make sure that our money goes to the people we want it to after I die?
- If my partner or I need to pay for care in the future, what impact would that have on our wealth?
- …or anything else you want to know about money – there really is no such thing as a silly question!
The aim of the free session is to make you feel more confident with money and answer the financial questions that are most important to you. During the session, one of our Chartered Financial Planners will provide you with relevant information, discuss the options available to you, explain the pros and cons of various courses of action and outline the next steps you may wish to take. Please note that these sessions are not designed to provide you with specific regulated financial or investment advice.
As you will have a limited time to speak to a financial planner, doing some preparation before your session is always worthwhile. Gather your financial paperwork together, note down a rough overview of your financial position and have a think about what questions you want answered and what you hope to achieve from your session.
Book Your Free ‘Talk Money’ Session
To book your free 30-minute ‘Talk Money’ session, please call us on 0800 6906 247, email firstname.lastname@example.org or use the online booking form below. Simply select a date during Talk Money Week (8th – 12th November 2021) and follow the steps to book in 60 seconds flat.
Awards, Accreditations & Trade Associations
NorthStar is proud to be members of the leading financial planning trade associations. Through a continued commitment to work to the highest professional standards and deliver real value to all clients, our work has been recognised with a number of awards and professional accreditations.